Design / Build
The Design-Build process is a method of construction in which the design and construction of a building are contracted and controlled from one source – the Design-Builder. Traditional construction methods require the client to have to go back and forth between the general contractor and the architect, Design-Build construction allows for a single point of contact, thereby creating a more organized and controlled project. This process helps prevent unnecessary delays in schedule and added construction costs due to unforeseen design discrepancies typical of traditional construction when plans are designed well in advance.
National Building & Restoration Corporation has the ability to consistently provide top quality results and maintain client satisfaction. Our philosophy for Design-Build delivery is based on our ability to lower costs, control the schedule, reduce adversity between the contractor and the design team, and most importantly, establish clear lines of communication between all parties to ensure a smooth delivery.
A few advantages of NB&RC's Design-Build Process include:
- Maintaining realistic project completion dates
- Minimizing additional construction costs due to the implementation of cost-effective advanced systems, methods and monitoring
- Phased Construction: Allowing construction to begin before the full design is complete saves time
- The creation of a streamlined relationship between Owner, design members and the construction team
- Contractor-directed change orders are minimized, if not completely eliminated
- Design-Build allows for special services, such as preliminary feasibility studies, value engineering and life cycle costing analysis